Reality is that we hear the phrase "I'm bored" way too often during the 'down time' of summer break!
"He's touching me."
"She made a face."
"He did it first!"
Sound familiar? Instead of the parents and caregivers (that's us) working to try to fill the day, let's get our kids working on helping others and being kind. As we do acts of kindness: gratitude grows, entitlement diminishes, and kindness ripples out into the community. Total win for everyone here!
Join us for our 4th Annual Virtual Kindness Summer Camp!
This summer, Kindness Experts from Pennies of Time are hosting 5 weeks of ideas, resources, videos, and kindness fun!
Additionally, as Kindness Campers track acts of kindness through our Kindness Dashboard, provided by our partner Raise Craze, we will all be giving back to the community doubly by trading our completed acts of kindness for resources, donated to schools helping kids in need.
You will have access to videos, acts of kindness prompts, and tips and know-how from experienced Kindness Camp Counselors. Use these ideas with your own kids or gather the neighborhood together for a good time in helping others.
Topics for this Virtual Kindness Summer Camp include:
- Acts of Kindness for Animals and Our Planet
- Getting Crafty with Kindness
- Summer Acts of Kindness
- Helping the Elderly in Our Communities
- Thanking Community Helpers
- And the final week focuses on Making Chemo Care Kits for Kids!
Additionally, everyone that enrolls in the Virtual Kindness Summer Camp will have access to give-aways (including our FAMED Kindness Kangaroo), LIVE support from Kindness Counselors through the course, as well as a private Facebook group where we can connect, ask questions, share ideas, and cheer each other on in our mission to raise kind kids.
The 2017 Virtual Kindness Summer Camp starts NOW
and will run through the summer!
(Participate with the group or on your own. Content will be open ALL summer long!)
Included in the 2017 Virtual Kindness Summer Camp:
- Ideas emailed right to you (and you can access them here on the Kindness Academy). Includes 5+ Kind Idea Posters!
- 5 weeks of kindness ideas and support.
- The Kindness Dashboard, a kindness tracker app, helping you and your family track all that Kindness Goodness accomplished!
- Object lessons that can be done anywhere (using only simple ingredients)!
- Private Facebook group to share the goodness being done and to ask questions.
- Travel friendly ideas to help you take Kindness on the Road!
- Summer Kindness Scavenger Hunt! So great to use with the neighborhood or the family visitors you need to keep busy!
- Free access to the entire series of "Making Chemo Care Kits for Kids" (5 videos and 3+ printables)
- Over 20 Other Kindness Printables to help get the Kindness Action going and keep track of all those acts of kindness you'll be doing with your kids! Printables include: Kindness Kit Printable (for "on the go" acts of kindness), Summer of Kindness Idea Poster, Compassion Conversations, Kindness Games, Kindness Quote Mini-Posters (to place as inspiration) . . . and many more!
AND, each Monday, we have a Kind Kid-to-Kid Conversation video where you and your kids sit down and hear from other kids about the week's theme, ideas, and other Kindness Goodness for your family to use. If you feel like you are a kindness pusher and you get tired of being the one pushing kindness, then you'll love how we've structured this summer's camp to be more kid-user friendly. Involve your kids in accessing the ideas for your family!
"This is always a fabulous program! A great way to find more ideas to use. And, it helps to see that other families do this, too!"
- Sarah, Mom of 3
"I didn't know if I could actually do this with my family. My kids have such a huge age range! But, the ideas are so simple and the older kids help the younger kids. I wish I had started to do this with my family sooner!"
- Karen, Mom of 5
Examples of Kindness Printables:
Frequently Asked Questions
Michelle is the mother to three young girls and a leader in motivating moms to serve with their kids. She is crafty and creative as she recognizes and works to help meet the needs in her community. Through her projects and through her site www.trustmeimamom.com, she provides a voice to support families that have children living with speech development concerns and to moms everywhere that need a lift and encouragement.
Sheila brings to life acts of kindness and service projects that kids can do and mentors families to build kindness habits that raise kind kids. In her daily adventures of serving with her young boys, she has witnessed the awesome things that happen when kids serve others. She started serving daily with her kids in 2012, when they were 3 and 5 years old. She earned her degree Special Education from The University of Texas at Austin and her Masters of Education from the Harvard Graduate School of Education. As an educator and professional with 20 years of experience in working with children and parents, she truly believes that teaching kids to be kind results in a happier family.
Engaged kids, more kindness, happier families!